Kitchen splashbacks are no longer just a source of practicality – nowadays, they can make a huge statement too! If you are looking to spruce up your kitchen with something fun and vibrant, an attractive new glass splashback may well be a great option for you.
Here, we will detail why choosing a glass splashback is a fantastic idea when renovating your kitchen. We will also provide you with some inspiration on glass splashbacks so that you can replace that old one you’ve had for years! Keep reading for all you need to know about this great new trend.
Why Choose A Glass Splashback?
Although kitchen splashbacks are traditionally made out of tiles, you don’t have to stick to this. Depending on the aesthetic of your kitchen, you can choose from a range of different materials to provide some extra pizzazz and practicality to your kitchen.
Splashbacks can be made out of tiles, steel, Corian, laminate, or glass. Glass is regarded by many as the best option because of its affordability, high quality, range of colours, the potential for an attractive finish, and its practical properties.
That’s right – choosing a toughened glass splashback offers more than just a beautiful, modern finish to your kitchen. They are also durable, waterproof, heatproof, and extremely easy to clean. This means you can use them behind both your sink as well as your cooker, resting assured that any wiping down will come easy.
What’s more, there is overwhelming potential for beautiful, glossy, glass splashbacks to really make a statement in your kitchen. Getting a new glass splashback can be a really exciting experience – after all, who doesn’t love some fun DIY kitchen or home renovations?
By trying out bold patterns, colour shades, and textures, your kitchen can be transformed by something as simple as a new splashback on your wall in no time!
Glass Splashbacks: Ideas And Styles
- Bold, bright colour. Don’t be afraid to go all out with your new splashback! You may want to match the existing colour scheme of your kitchen. Or, you could allow your glass splashback to function as a statement piece – a bright, vibrant hue that contrasts with the rest of the kitchen can be a real eye-catcher.
- Neutral colours like white, sand, grey, or black are all fantastic options when it comes to styling your kitchen. Choosing a coloured splashback in one of these shades (or anything else neutral) can tie the aesthetic of your kitchen together and bring either a modern, traditional or country look to the table.
- No colour. You may choose the simple, sleek option of transparent glass. Depending on the design of your kitchen, this can be a really great option – it certainly adds to the aesthetic of a minimalistic, modern kitchen. Its reflective properties also make light bounce around the room, creating a stunning ambience and atmosphere in your home.
- Floral patterns. You can’t go wrong with a beautiful floral pattern! You can opt for something bright, vibrant and colourful, or go the simpler route and do a classic black and white floral pattern. They can be artsy and abstract, or detailed and realistic – the choice is yours.
- Wood, stone, or marble patterns. If you want all the benefits of a glass splashback but still want to have the textural appearance that some materials can bring, try a wood, stone, or marble patterned splashback made of glass. These can look incredibly realistic and really add to the overall look and feel of your kitchen and home!
- Art Deco patterns. This really covers every other pattern in the book – beautiful, geometric shapes that can add a stunning and contemporary look to your kitchen’s glass splashback. With Art Deco patterns, you can play around with a range of colours, textural appearances, and shapes to fit in with your kitchen in the best way possible. You can even design your own custom splashback to add a unique touch to your kitchen wall.
- Matt texture. For a more muted texture for your glass splashback, consider getting one that has been mattified. This is perfect for if you aren’t a fan of a glossy finish, or if a shiny, reflective splashback would clash with the rest of your kitchen. It also doesn’t show smudges as much as a glossy finish and is very easy to clean.
- Textured glass. The different kinds of surfaces that textured glass splashbacks have to offer can add a spectacular finish to your kitchen. This kind of glass can be made to look like almost anything: bricks, tiles, ripples, granite, panels, and more. With textured glass, you can choose your favourite texture and aesthetic and work from there.
- Stained glass. The beautiful patterns, colours, and textures that come with stained glass are a real winner! That’s right – stained glass can look great in both windows and splashbacks. Because of the gorgeous texture of stained glass, you can rest assured that this kind of splashback would make a real statement in your kitchen and home.
Tips For Installing A New Toughened Glass Splashback
So, you’ve chosen your ideal glass splashback. Now how do you go about installation? Follow these three simple steps and you’ll have it up, looking good, and ready to use in no time!
- The first thing you want to be sure of is the measurements of the wall area you will be installing the splashback onto. You also need to ensure that the surface is dry and that something can easily be placed onto it with silicone.
- Once your new splashback has arrived, place it face-down on a clean surface and, using a neutral clear solvent-free silicone sealant, apply it in 20mm sized blobs every 100mm or so.
- Lastly, lift your splashback into the correct position above your sink or cooker. Gently push down to allow the adhesive to stick onto the wall, making sure that it is flat and even throughout. Leave it to cure for about 24 hours.
The Bottom Line On Glass Splashbacks
No matter what the colour, texture, or pattern you choose for your new glass splashback, the durability and practicality of this product means that you won’t regret your choice!
Call Renovation Capital today for any and all of your kitchen and bathroom renovation needs! We can help you transform your kitchen space and ensure that you end up with a quality kitchen that you love.